Become a Workcamp Partner
International Workcamps – Volunteers from all over the world for your project
The ijgd are an independent, non-profit association and a recognized institution for international youth work. Since 1949, we have been committed to international understanding, intercultural learning and the promotion of voluntary engagements.
We have been organizing international workcamps in Germany for more than 65 years in cooperation with cities, municipalities, youth welfare offices, forestry and environmental protection authorities or associations. About 1,500 young people from all over the world take part in it every year.
International workcamps – A win-win situation!
- Groups provide an intense work effort for a limited amount of time (about 1000 hours), which is ideal in order to quickly bring progress to a project.
- An international workcamp is very good for publicity. It is an opportunity to garner local media interest for your project and cause.
- An international flair is an enrichment for your community and simultaneously you are contributing to an intercultural encounter and international exchange.
- You are supporting voluntary work and contributing to the role model function of young people in your region.
You will find our actual projects in Germany in the workcamp search tool.
Photo reports from our previous workcamps in our workcamp gallery.
- Personal consultation for the development of project ideas
- Support in the preparation and execution of workcamps as well as fund procurement
- Recruiting participants, setting up international groups and compiling their travel information
- Schooling camp leaders, refunding their travel expenses as well as giving them an allowance
- Insuring participants against liability and accident damage as well as illness
- Paying groups catering costs and money for leisure activities
- Telephone service during the workcamps
Your contribution to the project
- Preparation and organisation of work tasks
- Instructing the group in the work area
- Supplying work tools and work materials
- Possibly transport to the work space; the provision of bicycles is also possible if the work space is not within a half of walking distance
- Providing simple accommodation or supporting the ijgd in finding an accommodation and its facilities
- Participating in financing of the workcamp
If you are interested in carrying out a workcamp you will find your contact person on the information flyer which is sorted according to federal states.